design features of a small garden plot with your own hands, photos, and videos
Arranging a garden yourself is not so difficult as it might seem at first glance. The main thing is to know the basic principles that must be taken into account. Choose tools for your garden https://pestcontrolhacks.com/
Of course, as an option, you can use template projects, but if you want to create a unique design for your personal plot, it is better to show your own imagination.
Photo – you can create an original and cute corner with your own hands
This article provides detailed instructions on how to equip a garden so that it looks beautiful, but also allows you to relax in comfort. After all, today you can hardly still meet those who are satisfied with strict square flower beds and trees planted in a row.
The project must include all the details
It involves a number of preparatory measures that will make the main part of the work easier, not to mention the fact that you can avoid mistakes.
Note. Take your time to come up with a plan in one day.
Think carefully. This will save you unnecessary construction material costs.
In particular, at the preliminary stage, it is recommended to prepare at least a schematic plan, which will indicate:
- garden area;
- the number of trees and shrubs you want to plant;
- the estimated location of trees and shrubs;
- flower bed layout scheme;
- the layout of paths and paths;
- the presence of benches and the place of their installation;
- other details.
Consider all the nuances when creating a project
So you will immediately understand what exactly is needed for the arrangement, what plant and building materials you need to purchase.
Analyze the soil
For those who want to know how to equip their garden, it is necessary to first conduct research on the characteristics of the soil on the territory.
And what is the soil on your site?
Note. Pay special attention to the level of occurrence of groundwater – if they flow at a depth of about two meters, then you can safely plant fruit trees.
They will grow well and produce bountiful crops.
This will let you know which part of the garden:
- To plant trees;
- break flower beds;
- install a brazier;
- make a pond, etc.
Enter all the information immediately into the plan-scheme. In doing so, keep in mind that free space is necessary for the normal growth of trees. Leave about four meters between them.
An example of successful and thoughtful zoning of a summer cottage
The arrangement of the garden plot will be much easier if you provide for strict zoning, immediately defining several zones:
- for growing flowers;
- for trees, etc.
Pay special attention to the location of the recreation area
Note. All zones should be connected by garden paths – determine the best routes along which you can get to a particular zone, bypassing others.
Make sure the paths do not interfere with the location of trees or flower beds.
Recreation area special attention
Pay special attention to the arrangement of the recreation area, adding interesting and unusual decors and design elements to it.
For example, pots and vases look great, in which they are planted:
- begonia and other flowers.
If you have the opportunity, be sure to provide for a gazebo or bench with a small fence near it. There you can plant any climbing plants that will wrap around the gazebo or fence and create a pleasant atmosphere around the resting place.
Benches, table, and chairs will allow you not only to relax but also to dine in the bosom of nature
Naturally, it is necessary to provide for the availability of such necessary items for recreation as:
- benches or chairs;
Note. You can buy beautiful and original chairs and tables in building supermarkets, where there is a department of garden tools.
The price of such products depends on the material from which they are made and the design features.
If you are not too demanding or know how to own a tool, making benches and chairs is easy with your own hands.
When making tracks, you can give them any shape and any look
Continuing the story about how to equip a garden plot with your own hands, let’s take a closer look at the features of planting plants of various types.
In particular, any crops should not be planted in shady areas – they should receive maximum light and heat.
When planting fruit trees, make sure they will not be in the shade most of the day
To determine the most suitable landing sites, you need to create a kind of map of shady areas:
- take a blank sheet of paper;
- draw a diagram of the site, determine the cardinal points and draw how the sun moves;
- draw on the diagram all buildings, fences, and other structures from which a shadow falls;
- be sure to indicate the height of such structures;
- with a dark pencil, sketch the shadow areas;
- in those places where there will be shade for more than half a day, it is not recommended to plant cultivated fruit-bearing plants.
Buildings should not block access to sunlight
But completely shaded destinies are ideal for placing a recreation area and accessories corresponding to it:
- table, etc.
You can also equip paths in shady areas.
In this section of the article, how to equip a small garden plot, we will talk about specific styles that are customary to use when ennobling personal plots.
Note. Some take the luxury of seeking help from professional designers.
In this case, there is no point in thinking about specific styles – the specialist will select the most suitable option himself, taking into account the characteristics of the site and your personal wishes and preferences.
Choose a style solution from personal preferences
In particular, there are three main areas of style for garden plots:
- landscape or landscape;
- regular or geometric;
The first of the – landscape – is optimal for garden plots where there are any hills.
When creating it, you must:
- ensure smooth bends of the tracks;
- natural materials;
- natural outlines of flower beds and a pond.
Smooth lines are inherent in the regular style
This design option is suitable for flat gardens with flat relief.
The main characteristics of such a garden:
- the severity of lines and shapes;
- all tracks must be straight;
- ponds or flower beds have the correct shape – a circle, an oval, a square, and so on.
This option combines the elements of the two styles described above. And it is the most popular among gardeners since it can be used to bring to life virtually any idea.
Your own imagination is the best advisor
And a few more additional tips that will help you in an effective and beautiful garden arrangement:
- if the site has a slope, then planting of plants must begin at the top and gradually lower to the base;
- if the garden is narrow, then it is recommended to start its arrangement in the middle, gradually moving towards the edges;
- by the way, in garden beds you can grow not only beautiful flowers but also medicinal herbs;
- when choosing a place for a recreation area, keep in mind that it should be located so that, being in it, you can see all the beautiful places in the garden and admire them, relaxing in the shade of trees.